Last Updated: 8/17/2020
AAPCHO developed this webpage to provide updated and tailored resources for community health centers. Training and technical assistance for implementing telehealth is available for community health centers and community-based organizations. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
COVID-19 has accelerated the implementation of telehealth, with CHCs leading the charge in finding innovative ways to ensure patients continue to receive the care that they need despite the pandemic. In the second episode of AAPCHO’s #COVID19CHC Stories series, Dr. Andrea Caracostis, chief executive officer of HOPE Clinic in Houston, shares insights on how the CHC implemented telehealth services amid COVID-19. Read more »
Resources for Telehealth
- Telehealth.HHS.gov – The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) offers tips to patients on how to get healthcare through telehealth and telemedicine, and helps providers get the latest information on policies and resources for providing care through telemedicine.
- COVID-19 Telehealth Toolkit – The National Consortium of Telehealth Resource Centers developed a toolkit to help community health centers get started on telehealth and how telehealth can be used to respond to COVID-19.
- Telehealth Strategies Webinar and Resources – Health Choice Network and AllianceChicago hosted a webinar on strategies for dentistry, HIV and PREP programs, behavioral health, chronic disease management, and primary care. Key insights include health IT regulations and reimbursement rates.
- National Consortium of Resource Centers – The National Consortium of Resource Centers provides telehealth assistance, education, and information for health centers across the United States and Pacific Islands.
- Pacific Basin Telehealth Resource Center – The University of Hawaii Manoa developed this resource center to provide resources and trainings for providing telehealth in the Pacific.
Telehealth Strategies and Support
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC) COVID-19 Telehealth Program – Congress is allocating $200 million dollars to support health care providers in providing care to their patients at home or at mobile location.
- Current State Laws and Reimbursement Policies – Center for Connected Health Policy provides an up-to-date summary of telehealth reimbursement policies and changes.
- Telehealth Policy during Coronavirus/COVID-19 Pandemic – HITEQ regularly updates their resources on telehealth information.
- Telehealth Video: Medicare Coverage and Payment of Virtual Services – CMS updated a video that answers common questions about the expanded Medicare telehealth services benefit during the COVID-19 public health emergency. New information includes how CMS adds services to the list of telehealth services, additional practitioners that can provide telehealth services, and the distant site services that Rural Health Clinics (RHCs) and Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) can provide.
- COVID-19 Telehealth Toolkit – Check out the National Consortium of Telehealth Resource Centers’s toolkit on using telehealth to monitor symptoms, caring for in-patients, and how health care can be provided remotely.
- COVID-19: Develop and Define Your Telehealth Strategy – The Weitzman Institute hosted a webinar on best practices to develop and define telehealth services.
- Telehealth and Telephone Visits in the Time of COVID-19: FQHC Workflows and Guides – Center for Care Innovations provides resources for remote visit (video and phone) workflows, how-to guidance on accessing video conferencing software, and patient education materials about telehealth.
- Teledentistry Platforms – McAllister Castelaz, DMD from Horizon Health Services, Inc. developed this resource page for health centers seeking a summary of teledentistry applications. This resource can also be located on the National Network for Oral Health Access COVID-19 Teledentistry Resources page.
If you have additional resources that you’d like to share on this webpage, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.