National Training and Technical Assistance Cooperative Agreement
Training & Technical Assistance
The program aims to provide resources, training, and technical assistance to existing and new health centers to best meet the cultural and linguistic needs of AA&NHPIs. For 30 years, AAPCHO has demonstrated its ability to provide breadth and depth of technical assistance and trainings to strengthen community health centers, support health center growth, invest and cultivate collaborations to increase access to quality primary care services to medically underserved AA&NHPIs.
Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Bureau of Primary Health Care (BPHC)
Our training and technical assistance activities are designed to reach a national audience as well as the cultivation of learning communities to meet the following goals:
- Increase access to care among vulnerable populations of AA&NHPIs served by health centers,
- Improve health outcomes by decreasing the percentage of patients at AA&NHPI serving health centers with A1c greater than 9, and
- Promote health equity through increasing the number of health centers either providing services or engaged in partnerships that address the social determinants of health (SDOH) such as culture, language, housing, education, employment, transportation, and food security.
- Addressing Health Outcomes And Disparities At Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander (NHPI)-Serving Health Centers: Highlight Innovative Partnerships and Intervents (Jan 2019)
- Increasing Access to Care and Improving Health Center Outcomes: A Spotlight On AA&NHPI-Serving Health Centers (Dec 2018)
- Leveraging National Diabetes Prevention Programming For Your Health Center – Webinar Resources (Nov 2018)
- Documenting Social Determinants Of Health Interventions Through Enabling Services – Webinar Resources (Jun 2018)
- Pacific Islanders And Diabetes Learning Community: Addressing And Improving Health Center Strategies – Webinar Series (Apr 2018)
- Collecting Data On AA&NHPIs For Community Health Center Needs Assessments: A Learning Series – Webinar Resources (Nov 2017)
- Diabetes In Special And Vulnerable Populations: A National Learning Series – Webinar Resources (Nov 2017)
- Diabetes And Asian Americans: The Need To Screen At 23 – Webinar Resources (Nov 2017)
Disclaimer: This program is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $450,000 with 0 percent financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.