TB Community Engagement Network
Training & Technical Assistance
The Tuberculosis (TB) Community Engagement Network works closely with state and local TB control programs, focusing on outreach to AA and NHPI communities with the highest TB burden. The TB Community Engagement Network will build upon health care provider capacity and support at-risk communities of TB. The initiative will bring together community-based organizations across the United States to increase knowledge, testing, and treatment of TB and latent TB infection (LTBI) among high-risk communities.
NETWORK STEERING COMMITTEE PARTNERS
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum (Grantee)
- Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations (Contractor)
- Hepatitis B Foundation (Contractor)
- Stop TB USA (Contractor)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
The goals of the TB Community Engagement Network are to:
- Conduct outreach to underserved AA and NHPI communities with the highest TB burden
- Increase awareness and understanding of culturally and linguistically appropriate LTBI/TB testing and treatment strategies
- Share resources and best practices among providers
- Develop partnerships to scale existing initiatives
Apply Now! Call for RFPs
The TB Community Engagement Network (TB CEN) Mini-Grants Program encourages applicants to enhance latent TB infection (LTBI) and/or TB community engagement and education, provider education, and/or quality improvement. The population of focus is on AA and NHPI communities, and supporting activities at the local level to advance the CDC’s LTBI and TB campaign. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, September 9, 2020 by 5:00 p.m. local time. Apply here.
- 2020-2021 Request for Funding Proposal
- Budget Template
- Frequently Asked Questions last updated 8/13/2020
- Mini-Grant Activity Ideas
TB CEN Q&A/OFFICE HOUR SESSIONS
An overview of the TB CEN Mini-Grants program and Office Hours will be held on Wednesdays, August 19, August 26 and September 2 at 8:00 a.m. HST / 11:00 a.m. PST / 2:00 p.m. EST. Applicants are strongly encouraged to email questions ahead of time to Evelyn Moua, Program Manager of Tuberculosis Elimination, at email@example.com. Register here to attend one or more of the Q&A and/or Office Hour sessions.
Missed our Q&A Session? Find the following resources:
*The Tuberculosis Community Engagement Network (TB CEN) is an initiative led by the Asian Pacific Islander American Health Forum, Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations, the Hepatitis B Foundation, and Stop TB USA. This initiative is funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- CDC Resource – Latent Tuberculosis Infection (LTBI) Resources Webpage
- CDC – Tuberculosis in the Asian Community
- National Tuberculosis Controllers Association (NTCA)
- LTBI: A Guide for Primary Health Care Providers
- LTBI: Testing & Treatment Recommendations