Data Resource Training: Using Community Commons to Map & Visualize the Needs of AA&NHPIs For Community Needs Assessments
January 19, 2018
12:00-1:00pm PST / 3:00-4:00pm EST
Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders represent a growing proportion of health center patients. However, data and research on AA&NHPIs are limited. A scarcity of such data makes it difficult for health centers serving AA&NHPIs to demonstrate and address needs of their patients.
In this second webinar of our Collecting Data on AA&NHPIs for Community Health Center Needs Assessments: A Learning Series, we will provide an introduction to the Community Commons resource. Community Commons is a platform that provides public access to thousands of meaningful data layers that allow mapping and reporting capabilities to help users gain a deeper understanding of community assets and opportunities. The team from Community Commons will provide a demonstration of the mapping tools, data layering and visualizations options, as well as an overview of their community health needs assessment toolkit.
By the end of the webinar, participants will:
- Learn about Community Commons’ mapping technology features and Needs Assessment Toolkit
- Identify ways Community Commons tools can be used to inform a health center’s community health needs assessment
- Increase knowledge of available data resources to improve health center capacity to monitor and track the needs of medically underserved areas and populations.
- Tuyen Tran, Director of Training and Technical Assistance, AAPCHO
- Jen Lee, Director of Community Services and Partnerships, AAPCHO
- Jamie Kleinsorge, Project Director, I-P3 of Community Commons
- Erin Barbaro, Product Manager, I-P3 of Community Commons