[Archive] Heather Skrabak
Associate Director of Policy and Advocacy
Come back often as we update this page with up-to-date information and resources.
Tell Congress to Protect Medicaid!
- AAPCHO Protect Medicaid Toolkit
- Senate Protect Medicaid Talking Points
- AA&NHPI-Serving Health Centers and Medicaid Fact Sheet
We encourage all AAPCHO members and partners to contact their Members of Congress and remind them that Medicaid is essential for health centers and the millions of patients we serve!
- Call your senators:
- Set aside time to call your senators. See tips and how-tos for calling your elected officials and our Protect Medicaid Toolkit for a call-in script.
- Ask other health center staff, patient leadership and other partners to join in your effort. Ask your health center to set aside time and/or space to allow individuals interested to make the call.
- Use social media:
- Schedule a meeting:
- Focus on your senators and representatives. Remind them that Medicaid is essential for health centers and our patients!
- To find and for tips on how to contact your elected officials, click here.
If you have any questions, contact Heather Skrabak at email@example.com.
Tell senators Medicaid is essential for health centers and the millions of patients we serve!
The U.S. Senate is quickly working to pass legislation to make significant changes to Medicaid and the health care system as a whole. Proposed cuts would severely impact health centers and the patients and communities we serve, including Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders (AA&NHPIs).
Proposed cuts would:
- Cause at least 23 million Americans to lose their coverage, including 2 million AA&NHPIs
- End Medicaid as we know it, impacting over 70 million people who rely on Medicaid for care, including children, seniors and disabled people
- Put more than 25 million health center patients at risk—Medicaid is essential for health centers, making up the largest source of health center funding and covering nearly half of health center patients
- Result in less care and higher costs
Now is the time for us to contact our senators to tell them that Medicaid is essential for health centers and millions of Americans. Medicaid reimbursement makes up the largest percentage of health center revenue and for AA&NHPI-serving health centers, Medicaid makes up an even larger percentage of revenue than other health centers. Nearly half of all patients served by health centers are covered by Medicaid, making it essential funding for communities we serve.