Come back often as we update this page with up-to-date information and resources.
Open Enrollment November 1-December 15
Open enrollment on HealthCare.gov for 2018 health coverage is here—see below for resources and tools to help you spread the word and make sure people #GetCovered!
With a shorter open enrollment period (November 1-December 15) and cuts to in-person assistance and federal advertising budgets this year—the key role health centers and community health advocates play to get Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander (AA&NHPI) and other communities covered is now more important than ever.
Here are some resources to help you with your outreach and enrollment work:
• Open Enrollment Toolkit: A handy toolkit from Get America Covered with helpful outreach and enrollment strategies, templates and tools.
• In-language Health Insurance Enrollment Glossary: A free glossary, developed by AAPCHO with Action for Health Justice partners, of approximately 100 of the most frequently used (and often confused) terms encountered by in-person assisters and navigators. The glossary is available in English and the following Asian and Pacific Islander languages: Burmese, Chinese – Traditional, Hmong, Korean, Laotian, Marshallese, Tagalog, Tongan, and Vietnamese.
• Shareable Social Media Materials: Social media graphics, messaging and sample posts developed by Community Catalyst and other national partners, which will be updated throughout open enrollment and are/will be available in the following Asian languages: Korean, Japanese and Vietnamese.
• Reusable Digital Kit: A digital kit with resources from last year’s set of graphics from HealthCare.gov.
• COVERED: A web portal from Indivisible with resources, including fact sheets, social media posts and explainers for grassroots organizations.
• LGBTQ Resources: Outreach and enrollment resources from Out2Enroll geared towards LGBTQ communities.
• AA&NHPI and Open Enrollment Webinar Recording and Slides: A recent webinar hosted by AAPCHO and the Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum on the upcoming open enrollment period and what’s at stake for AA&NHPI communities.