Additional Helpful Sites and Documents
- Fact Sheet: The Need for Diversity in the Health Care Workforce – Health Professional for Diversity Coalition
- Strengthening the Nation’s Health Workforce – Prepared by the House Committees on Ways and means, Energy and Commerce, and Education and Labor (March 2010)
- Workforce Development and Training Opportunities for Direct-Care Workers – Health Care for Health Care Workers (June 2010)
- Pipeline Programs to Improve Racial and Ethnic Diversity in the Health Professions: An Inventory of Federal Programs, Assessment of Evaluation Approaches, and Critical Review of the Research Literature – U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Health Resources and Services Administration and HHS’ Office of Public Health and Science (OPHS), Office of Minority Health (OMH)
- Biomedical Faces of Science (BFS) – The BFS Program encourages middle and high school students to pursue PhDs, MDs, and MD PhD in fields which can lead to a better understanding of diseases disproportionately affecting medically underserved populations.
- HRSA’s National Health Service Corps Website – The National Health Service Corps (NHSC), through scholarship and loan repayment programs, helps Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs) in the U.S. get the medical, dental, and mental health providers they need to meet their tremendous need for health care.
- NACHC’s Community HealthCorps Website – The mission of the Community HealthCorps is to improve health care access and enhance workforce development through community health center sponsored AmeriCorps including VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America), and related programs.
<< Back to Workforce Development