Engaging the AA&NHOPI Vote at Community Health Centers
Technical Assistance & Training
AAPCHO’s Engaging the AA&NHOPI Vote at Community Health Centers project is a national non-partisan voter engagement initiative designed to establish ongoing civic engagement efforts at health centers primarily serving medically underserved Asian Americans & Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders (AA&NHOPIs). This initiative is not just a voter registration drive but the initial phase of an ongoing effort to increase the overall civic engagement of medically underserved AA&NHOPIs. Learn more about AAPCHO’s current Policy Initiatives.
Wallace H. Coulter Foundation
Engage voters broadly by conducting activities relating to four categories: voter registration, voter education, voter protection and Get Out the Vote (GOTV). By engaging in these four activities, AAPCHO and its partners aim to improve and develop best practices for overall civic engagement and participation of medically underserved and disenfranchised AA&NHOPIs.
More Voting Resources
- Know Your Rights – A general guide and state-specific guides answering frequently asked questions about protecting your right to vote on Election Day.
- A Guide to the Presidential Elections – An informational handout with a roadmap showing the different phases of presidential elections from primaries to inauguration.
- How Can I Get Involved? – A handout with information on 10 ways to get involved in 2012 elections
- Language Assistance – In-language materials on getting language assistance when voting. Materials are available in: Bangla, Chinese, Hindi, Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Tagalog, Thai and Vietnamese.
- See How Your Congressional Members Voted on Jobs and the Economy – These guides are designed to help the voter clearly see how members of the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives voted on housing, consumer needs, and jobs in 2011.
- New Section 203 Coverage – Information about bilingual voting assistance under Section 203 of the federal Voting Rights Act.
- Community Health Vote – A helpful website with more resources for health center staff, board, volunteers and clients who want to participate in voter engagement activities.