AAPCHO advocates for policies that give medically underserved Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and other Pacific Islanders (AA&NHOPIs) access to quality health care.
We continuously work with our fellow advocates in support of policies protecting safety-net providers, including community health centers.
AAPCHO’s advocacy efforts include a range of policy work, from research and analysis to developing policy alternatives and advocating for them. It is AAPCHO’s overall goal that in promoting these policies and legislation, that we help eliminate the health disparities facing the diverse and medically underserved AA&NHOPI community.
- Implementing the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Supporting Common-Sense Immigration Reform (CIR)
- Promoting the Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Model
- Eliminating Health Disparities
- Advocating for Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs) & Medically Underserved Areas or Populations (MUA/Ps)
- Supporting the White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (WHIAAPI)