From Safety Net to Model Quality Care for All: Commemorating 50 Years of Community Health Centers
March 17, 2015 | 4:00-7:00pm EST
National Press Club, 529 14th Street NW, Washington, DC 20045
The 50th Anniversary of Community Health Centers in the United States provides us an opportunity to reflect upon the history of the development of Health Centers, and how far we have come. Come join us for From Safety Net to Model Quality Care for All: Commemorating 50 Years of Community Health Centers, the AAPI Nexus Journal launch of a special issue on Federally Qualified Health Centers serving Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander communities.
Light refreshments will be served and admission is FREE.
The first 100 attendees who are registered will receive a complimentary copy of the journal at the event!
- Dr. Karen DeSalvo, Acting Assistant Secretary for Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Kiran Ahuja, Executive Director, White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
- Suma Nair, Director of the Office of Quality Improvement in the Health Resources and Services Administration’s Bureau of Primary Health Care
- Daniel R. Hawkins, Senior Vice-President for Federal, State, and Public Affairs at the National Association of Community Health Centers, Inc.
- Dr. Ninez Ponce, Professor, UCLA Fielding School of Public Health
- Dr. Marjorie Kagawa-Singer, Professor, UCLA Fielding School of Public Health
- Dr. Robert Hirokawa, Chief Executive Officer, Hawai`i Primary Care Association
- Dr. Vija Sehgal, Chief Quality Officer and Pediatrician, Waianae Coast Comprehensive Health Center
- Dr. Kimberly Chang, Inaugural Site Director of the Frank Kiang Medical Center, Asian Health Services & Mongan Commonwealth Fund Fellow in Minority Health Policy at Harvard Medical School
- Michael McKee, Director of Health Services and Community Partnerships, International Community Health Services
- Dr. Shao-Chee Sim, Chief Strategy Officer, Charles B. Wang Community Health Center
- Dr. Rosy Chang Weir, Director of Research at the Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations
To browse abstracts of the papers, go to http://bit.ly/aapinexuschc-abstracts.
For more information and questions, please contact AAPI Nexus Journal Managing Editor, Melany De La Cruz-Viesca, at firstname.lastname@example.org.