Director of Policy and Advocacy
Last Updated: November 17, 2017
Come back often as we update this page with up-to-date information and resources.
Health centers across the country are still facing a 70 percent funding cliff. Health care for millions of health center patients is on the line—Congress must take action to #fixthecliff!
Tell Congress to Fix the Health Center Funding Cliff
- Click here to call your Members of Congress
- Click here to send an email to and/or tag your Members of Congress on social media
- Click here for other ways to take action, including sending multilingual postcards (currently available in Chinese, Khmer, Korean, and Vietnamese)
Call Your Members of Congress to #FixtheCliff and Extend CHIP
Call your Members of Congress using the National Association of Community Health Centers’ Advocacy Hotline: 1-866-456-3949.
Listen to the prompt and enter your zip code. The system will give you options for which Member of Congress to connect with—press 1, 2 or 3—each corresponds to a different Member.
Make sure to call the Advocacy Hotline three times in order to connect with each of your Members of Congress!
Ask your Members of Congress to 1) support a long-term fix to the Health Center Funding Cliff by co-sponsoring the Community Health Investment, Modernization and Excellence (CHIME) Act (S. 1899 in the Senate and H.R. 3770 in the House), which extends the Health Center Program fund for five years, and to 2) extend the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), which covers 9 million children. Use these resources:
Important Note: Make sure your Members of Congress support the CHIME Act and not the Champion Act, which aims to take money from the Prevention and Public Health Fund that supports many programs that help Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, Pacific Islanders and other communities of color. We must also push for CHIP reauthorization that does not include cuts to other essential programs needed to address prevention and provide care through the Affordable Care Act.
Other Ways to Take Action
- Post to social media! The more media attention Health Center Program and CHIP funding gets, the better. Get your providers to post too! Tag your Members of Congress.
- Determine how the cliff will impact your health center by using the Funding Cliff Impact Estimator (first link after “Health Center Funding Information” on the web page)
- Tell your story! Tell your patients to tell their stories! Either send them to your Members of Congress or send them to us (email@example.com) and we will send them for you.
- Send postcards (currently available in Chinese, Khmer, Korean, and Vietnamese) to your Members of Congress! Tell them how the cliff impacts your health center and state, and how they need to reinstate Health Center Program and CHIP funding.